Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Potted heart flower!

These were extremely fun and cute to make! I was squealing with excitement through the whole thing. :)

What I used:

2 bunches small fake red flowers
dowel
green foam
styrofoam heart (I couldn't find one, so I cut a heart shape from a styrofoam disc. worked out great-you don't even see the underneath anyways.)
peat moss
1 small plant pot
ribbon
paint

Pluck all flower heads off stems, dab hot glue on end and stick into styrofoam heart. Continue til heart is covered. Paint dowel and pot (I used heirloom white). When dry, stuff green foam into pot, push dowel into bottom of heart and then into the green foam in pot. Top pot with a little peat moss, tie ribbon around dowel and you got yourself a cute potted heart flower!

Perfect addition to my mantel!

11 comments from awesome people!:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [20 Jan 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

What an adorable idea! It actually looks easy enough that I can have my oldest "help" me. :)

Unknown said...

Hey there, I'm a new follower. I'm glad I found your cute blog! Love your festive Valentines mantle.
~Mary
www.thecraftygals.blogspot.com

Mamarazzi said...

CUTENESS!! not sure how i got here...i was blog jogging. but i am adding you t my reader...cute stuff going on here...

psssst....I Belong tooo (:

Lisa R.D. said...

I love this! Thanks for the fun idea!

Laurie said...

Just wanted to let you know I am one of your newer followers. I just spent some time looking around your blog at all the awesome ideas. You are very talented! I may need some lessons on the power tools! :)

lAuRa said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments! And thanks for your blog urls, I'm going to check them out! Thanks for stopping by!

Jeanette said...

Very cute. But that is not peat moss. Peat moss is brown and you add it to your soil. What you used is probably just moss from the craft store.

Traci said...

cute Laura!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I loved it so much I went and got the supplies today and made it myself (with Lucy's "help"). It was a fun project. You're so super clever! Can't wait to see what else is in store.

Jac said...

I love this project and decided to organize a craft night with my sisters to make some! I haven't had much luck finding the cute flowers you used...where did you get yours?

lAuRa said...

Traci, thanks so much for showing me the ones you made, VERy cute!!

Jac, sorry i'm just barely getting back to your question, but I got all my flowers and supplies at Hobby Lobby! I'd love to know how your craft night goes!